Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I have a new friend......

My new friend is called Ambien!  I have never used sleeping pills before...but on the recommendations of many, got a prescription for the trip.  I am a person who CANNOT sleep on a plane.  I don't care if it is a trip of 4 hours or 30 hours.  I am wide awake....watching everyone else sleeping like babies.  So on the recommendation of the Ambien experts at MU,  I cut my little pills into pieces and tried them in tiny bits.  One "bit" after lunch today....(somewhere over Northern Canada)...and a 1 hour nap was the result.  Nice.....   After dinner I decided to try a bigger "bit" of a pill...... two hours of sleep!  Even better.  So now I am sitting in Seoul waiting for my flight to Hanoi.  Feeling like @#$%, but not as bad as if I didn't get a wink of sleep.  

I flew over on a new Korean Air Boeing 777-200.  Nice plane!  It was packed...not one open seat.  It had the individual video screens in the back of the seats...so ladies, I finally got to see Sex and the City.  Also watched Zorba the Greek and Love Story.  They had a classics movie channel...which kept me occupied for much of the time. 

Incheon Airport in Seoul is an amazing place.  If you want Gucci, Channel, or Burberry, they have it here.  It is still pricey, but the asians are buying like crazy, so it must be somewhat of a good deal.  I only splurged on a bottle on Tanqueary ($20).  It should keep me in martinis for awhile!!!

So......I am sitting and waiting for the final hop to Hanoi.  It should take about 4 hours....and my flight leaves in about an hour.  They have free internet at this airport which is also very nice.  I am hoping to be up and running on internet in a day or so.  Everything depends upon what access is available at the university I will be living at.  Did I tell you I will be living in a dorm?  I am sure that will be worth another post or two!

Hope everyone is doing well...and enjoyed the long weekend holiday.  Cheers!  Gail

No comments: