
But having a tree growing on the building is very bad for the structure of the temple and will eventually lead to its destruction. ... As we would say, "Good news, bad news."
The internet is a conduit for signs of life's balance. Some days it brings good news, some days it brings bad news.
Good news: Because of the internet, we were able to share in the excitement about Obama's election and the hope that he will act effectively to begin turning the economy around.
Bad news: Because of the internet, while we were in Cambodia last week I read in the on-line edition of the Columbia Tribune that Boone Hospital Center, my employer, was laying off 35 people. The hospital, like other parts of the economy, has had a pretty severe loss of "business." As a result it has had to contract its operation by laying off employees. Reading the article prompted me to check on my own status. I found that I'm one of the people being laid off. It's not great news, but there's nothing I can do about it at this point except to continue to enjoy being in SE Asia.
As Dara said, life has balance, good news and bad news.

No comments:
Post a Comment