

That is where the cute ends and the ugly begins. Below are pictures of my arm and elbow. As you can tell, things are looking quite nasty! I am amazed that I didn't break my arm. I also am very, very thankful I didn't break my arm! It is sore, but totally functional. I played volleyball the other day and it only hurt when I hit the ball! ha ha!


My bottom and leg are also bruised, but healing...and don't look as bad. If I posted pictures of those body parts --this blog would be censored! It wouldn't be the bruises that would be the problem, but the state-of-aging-body! Gad...gravity is doing me in. Everything is sagging!!!!!
My sprained ankles are ok. The right one seems to be mending well. The left one is giving me fits....but I think it is because I am still trying to play volleyball. I also hiked 4-5 miles last weekend and that seems to have been somewhat of a dumb thing to do.
You are probably asking yourself "Why is she doing all this stuff?" Yeah, I know. I should be taking it easy and letting everything heal. But what you may not understand is that Tai Chi, Volleyball and the hiking are more than exercise. They really are my social network. I get out and interact with the local people. We have a grand time together even though they don't speak English and I don't speak Vietnamese. I have established a wonderful friendship with these people. Since I only have one week before I return to the U.S., I don't want to cut myself off from everyone. It is going to be very hard to say goodbye next weekend!!! So, I am trying to maintain my normal level of activity.....and figure my body can heal on the long trip home and in the COLD temperatures of Columbia.
I am having a great time and want to make it last as long as possible!

1 comment:
Gail,
I'm glad you are healing...do you remember going sailing with us and using the portapottie on the boat, and little Daniel accidentally seeing you and his comment? "Not a pretty sight!" He hasn't gotten much more diplomatic in his old age....
:) Lynn
Post a Comment