Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Star is Born!

Think Madonna, Britney and.....................




---now we have.......GAIL! (Note the makeup and microphone)



Today I became a STAR! I was video taped after class today and got the whole STAR treatment. Make up......






The Crew......



and the final touches before............



....the INTERVIEW.
These people did not speak ONE WORD of English. They had several questions on paper and I had to answer each one. We did several "takes" of each question. What was hilarious was that I could be saying anything. "I hate it here", "I think this university is @$#%$". "Korean people are........" They would not have known!!! But I tried to do a good job and reported that I am having a fine time and that this university is "world class". PS--It really is. Top notch facilities, classrooms and dorms.


>


I washed my face and the makeup is gone. The crew packed up and left. I am sitting alone in my dorm wondering why my "star power" was so short lived? Where are the paparazzi? Maybe they will be waiting for me when I leave the dorm later today. Like THIS!!!!



Actually these guys were waiting for Madonna. I was in New York City last March and saw the crowd one afternoon.... I decided to wait too and after a few minutes caught her coming out of the building.



After thinking about Madonna and how rough her life must be with all these people barging into her life, I decided that being ol' Gail is just fine...thank you! Just another interesting day in Gwangju, South Korea.

No comments: